Friday 22 July 2011

Cookies

So I recently tried out a new recipe. Soooo gooood!

If anyone doesn't know I am allergic to gluten (wheat) and dairy.  My grandma found me this recipe and I tried it the other day. Let us just say that I ate 2 dozen cookies in two days. :P

If you don't want gluten free look at the bottom of the recipe and there is the alternative way to bake these deliciously scrumptious cookie. Enjoy!!


Ginger Molasses Cookies
For a soft chewy cookie make as directed, but if you want a crisper cookie, bake an additional two to four minutes.

1/2 c.    butter - 125 mL
1 c.       brown sugar, packed - 250 mL
1           large egg
1/4 c.    fancy molasses - 60mL
2 c.       quinoa flour - 500 mL (I used a mixture of gluten free flour, but you can do whatever)
2 tsp.    baking soda - 20 mL
1/2 tsp. salt - 2 mL
1 tsp.    ground ginger - 5mL
2 tsp.    ground cinnamon - 10 mL
1/2 tsp. ground cloves - 2 mL
1/4 c.    white sugar - 60 mL

Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C)

Cream the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat in the egg and molasses. Set aside.

Mix the flour, baking soda, slat, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves in a medium bowl and blend well. Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and mix to form a smooth dough.

Roll the dough into 1 1/2 - inch (4cm) balls. Place the white sugar in a shallow bowl and roll each ball to coat. Place two inches (5cm) apart on a baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven rack for eight to 10 minutes. Let them cool for one minute to set before relmoving them to cool completely on a cooling rack. The cookies should be puffy and slightly browned on the bottom when you remove htem form the pan.

Store for one week in a sealed container in the refrigerator or four weeks in the freezer.

For gluten free cookies only use gluten free flour. For a more traditional cookie use 1 c. gluten free flour and 1 c. all-purpose flour.

I got this recipe from Quinoa 365, The Everyday Superfood by Patricia Green and Carolyn Hemming


2 comments:

  1. I'm also gluten-free. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try it!! :o)
    I have a recipe for gluten-free fudge brownies if you are looking for one.
    Just click on "campfire cook" on My Mutters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. I am sorry that you are also gluten-free. It is such a pain! It is amazing. Seriously!! :D Thank you. I will definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete